Everyone loves straight hair. The mane is easy to style and manage and overall, the look is to die for. There are several ways you can use to smooth out or straighten your hair as a Brazilian keratin salon gives you many choices. Here is a comparison between two of the most popular hair treatments: Brazilian blowout and hair relaxing treatment.
Differences Between Brazilian Blowout And Hair Relaxing
Here is everything you need to know about a Brazilian blowout.
A Brazilian blowout is defined as a meticulous treatment where a liquid keratin treatment is applied to every strand of the hair, sealing it in its goodness and giving your hair a straight and sleek look.
This treatment smoothens the hair, prevents frizz, and makes the hair extremely easy to manage and take care of, in the long run.
Here is what you can expect in a Brazilian blowout.
- First things first, the hair will be washed and then dried. This step is the key to ensuring that the Brazilian blowout gives the best possible results, otherwise, you’ll just be wasting your time and money over nothing.
- The next step is where the magical elixir, aka the liquid keratin treatment, will be applied to the hair. This process is somewhat time-consuming because the stylist will apply the treatment on the hair, strand by strand and this can take anywhere between 30 to 45 minutes to get the hair completely saturated in the treatment.
- Next, your hair will be blow-dried with the treatment, until it’s smooth and dry to the touch.
- Now, to activate and fuse the liquid keratin treatment, a flat iron at a temperature of 450 degrees Fahrenheit will be used on the hair to make it look straight and super sleek. This step will also give your hair a mirror-like shine, which is the main characteristic of a Brazilian blowout.
- Now the hair is washed for the second and last time to rinse off the treatment and its residue. After shampoo, a deep conditioning treatment or mask is also applied to the hair to restore the damage and make the tresses ultra soft and smooth.
- Lastly, your hair will be blow-dried for the final time, and if you want, you can even have the mane styled and that’s pretty much it.
The results of a Brazilian blowout are to die for. The hair looks super healthy and glossy, it’s decently long-lasting and you don’t need to slave over the maintenance like a hair rebonding treatment to make the Brazilian blowout last even longer.
It’s a robust and amazing treatment for the hair if you want to sport pin-straight and sleek hair all the time.
Benefits Of Brazilian Blowout
Here are some benefits of a Brazilian blowout:
- It gets rid of frizz and makes the hair super smooth.
- It imparts natural shine and gloss to the hair, making it wonderful if you want to mimic healthy hair.
- The only damaging part of the Brazilian blowout is the hair straightening step with an extremely hot flat iron, but that’s about it and your hair will normally pull through with beautiful results in the end.
Downsides Of Brazilian Blowout
Here are some things that don’t make a Brazilian blowout the best treatment.
- You can’t wash your hair for a good majority of time, about 3 to 5 days or even more. The stylist usually recommends waiting for a week before you can even think about shampooing the hair.
- The best results of Brazilian blowouts are shown on women with finer and thinner hair. Textured and curly hair doesn’t get any luck with a Brazilian blowout and it will be a waste to get it done. It’s better if curly-haired women opt for other treatments that are more promising.
Hair Relaxing Treatment
Here is what you should know about a hair relaxing treatment.
What’s It All About
Finally! There is something for all of the girls out there with curly hair. A hair relaxing treatment is a treatment specifically targeted to deal with the kinks and coiled curls of hair. This treatment basically “relaxes” the strands and gets rid of the structure and tension in the hair.
The result is a smooth and somewhat straight mane that looks extremely beautiful and everyone can rock it. You can even dye your hair a few weeks after getting the treatment by going to a balayage salon Potomac.
How Is It Done?
Here is the step-by-step guide on how a hair relaxing treatment is done.
- The first and mandatory step of a hair relaxing treatment is the washing of the hair. This is important because you want the hair to be free from all kinds of products that hold the style in place and whatnot. The relaxing treatment will work wonderfully on freshly washed hair.
- A relaxing lotion is then applied after the hair has been dried. A relaxing lotion is a combination of different chemicals and it’s the main treatment that relaxes the strands and gets rid of the texture in your hair. It’s left for about 30 to 45 minutes.
- Next, the hair will be washed and then a neutralizing shampoo will be used to set the style in place and avoid any harsh reactions in the hair. A neutralizing shampoo will you’re your hair straight for a long time.
- Lastly, a deeply nourishing mask will be applied to the hair, to make it extra soft and shiny. This treatment also restores the damage from the relaxing lotion.
It’s Long Lasting
A hair relaxing treatment can last decently long, but it doesn’t exactly make the hair dead straight. It gives the hair a frizz-free and naturally tousled look that a lot of women love. This treatment will last you anywhere between 4 to 6 weeks.
Benefits Of A Hair Relaxing Treatment
Here are some pros of the hair relaxing treatment:
- It takes half the time as compared to a Brazilian blowout or other hair straightening treatment, to get done.
- There are no knots and tangles in your hair because a hair relaxing treatment settles all of the kinks in your mane and you’re left with smooth and manageable tresses that will make you want to run your fingers through them.
- There are a lot of choices and options when it comes to a hair relaxing treatment. You can choose how much you want the texture to be eliminated in the hair and how much you want to preserve it.
Downsides Of A Hair Relaxing Treatment
Here are some not-so-good things about a hair relaxing treatment:
- Firstly, this treatment is extremely damaging to the hair. The relaxing lotion has a lot of harsh chemicals, including formaldehyde that’s responsible for breaking down the hair protein and making it look straight and texture-free. Your hair needs to be deeply conditioned after the fact, otherwise, you’ll be inviting even more damage to the hair.
- It’s not particularly a hair straightening treatment. It’s a hair treatment that makes the mane less curly, but not completely straight.
Now that you know the main purpose of and the key differences between the two treatments, you can easily decide which treatment is the best for you. If still confused, visit a Brazilian blowout salon Potomac and as a hair stylist.